The Keurig brewer has brought convenience to offices large and small for decades now, and it’s no surprise these single-cup brewers have become a staple in office break rooms. Many employees get their daily caffeine fix by popping a K-Cup into the Keurig, which is all fun and games until someone has to clean it! In order to get the freshest cup of coffee possible, cleaning the brewer is a necessity.
It’s recommended that the Keurig brewer be cleaned every three to six months. With colleagues in the office using it multiple times a day, it will eventually clog up if it goes uncleaned. If it’s your turn to clean the office Keurig brewer but don’t know where to start, follow this guide for best results:
- Unplug the Keurig brewer
- Remove water left in water reservoir
- With a damp wash cloth, wipe away any excess coffee grounds or dust
- Wash with soapy water, then dry each part of the brewer separately
- Fill water reservoir halfway with white vinegar or Keurig® Descaling Solution, and halfway with water
- Plug Keurig brewer back in and turn it on
- Run the Keurig until water/vinegar mixture is gone
- Repeat the same process with just water to flush out vinegar
For more than 40 years, US Coffee has been the premier coffee service for the tri-state area. In addition to full break room service, we also provide vending services, water services and carry more than 40,000 office supplies. We’ve built a reputation as one of the most reliable and trustworthy one-stop shops for all your office and break room needs. We get the job done quickly, efficiently and diligently, so you can focus on yours.